Important Information on GDPR
Tuesday, May 15, 2018
Posted by: Rachel King
Update on the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
As you may know, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that was approved by the EU Parliament will come in to effect on May 25, 2018.
As of May 25, 2018, organizations working with the data of individuals residing in the European Union (EU) will need to be GDPR compliant. The GDPR is an EU regulation focused on the protection of personal data of persons located in the EU. To read more about the GDPR, click here.
The Association for Strategic Planning is on track with our preparation for GDPR, but now we need your help!
In order to continue to receive email communications from ASP you will need to adjust the email communication preferences in your membership profile. If you do not adjust these preferences and "opt-in" by May 25, we will automatically opt you out. As per GDPR compliance, you will NOT receive any further communications from ASP if these preferences are not changed by this date.
- Login to your membership profile on the ASP Website (If you do not have your login information, please select "forgot password" or reach out to email@example.com).
- Select the "My Profile" section on the top header to view your current membership profile.
- Under "Professional Information" click the edit icon.
- Under "Account Information" please select "Manage Email Preferences".
- Please check each email category in which you would like to receive emails (if you would not like to receive any emails, please leave all boxes unchecked or simply disregard the above steps - you will automatically be opted-out).
- Click "Save Preferences" and exit this box.
- Scroll down and select "Save Changes". Your email communication preferences can be adjusted at any time by logging in to your membership profile and following these steps again.
If you are a non-member who receives our emails, you will not be able to login to the website, so please simply click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of this email to adjust your communication preferences. If you do not adjust these by May 25, you will no longer receive any communications from ASP.
We appreciate your assistance in this matter. ASP remains committed to protecting the privacy of our members personal information and we encourage you to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible if you have any questions or concerns about the above.