Call for Presenters
The Association for Strategic Planning (ASP) will hold its 2019 Annual Conference from May 15-17, 2019
at the Embassy Suites Denver Downtown in Denver, Colorado.
We are looking for dynamic presenters who bring critical thinking and innovation coupled with real-world experience and case studies that will stimulate provocative conversations about how to create and manage strategic business ecosystems. Our primary goal for the conference is to deliver practical information and real-world insights with the aim of advancing strategy through business ecosystems to address large scale opportunities and problems.
This year’s conference theme is:
Strategy and Your Business Ecosystem
In today’s increasingly complex society, more and more organizations are engaging in alliances, partnerships, joint ventures and other forms of active collaboration. We are being pushed to consider the strategic direction of our organizations in the context of larger business and community ecosystems that include everything from big corporations, startups, customers, and competitors, to universities, government agencies and non-profit entities. Multi-stakeholder innovations are needed to create healthy platforms for future growth. Further, millennials in the workforce are asking how their organizations are contributing to solving global and local problems.
The conference will address the unique challenges inherent in leading, defining, and implementing strategy as part of a larger ecosystem. The integration of ASP’s “Lead, Think, Plan, and Act” framework is the organizing mechanism for the conference. We will embrace diverse perspectives in the development of program content.
Presentation Types & ASP Framework Guidance
Master Classes: Intensive three-hour pre-conference skill-building workshops intended to provide hands-on experience and actionable tools and information participants can put to use immediately in their organizations. We are seeking presentations to meet the needs of strategists at every career stage, from those new to the field of strategy development and execution, to seasoned strategists looking for innovative ideas and approaches to incorporate into their practices.
Master classes will be held on Wednesday, May 15, 2019.
Strategy Lightning Rounds: Short (15-20 minutes), energetic and impactful presentations on innovative ideas and approaches to strategy. Two to three lightning rounds will be scheduled per plenary session. Presenters will facilitate a 30-minute follow up Speakers Corner after the plenary session.
Strategy Lightning Rounds will be held on Thursday, May 16 and Friday, May 17, 2019.
Breakout Sessions: Sessions will be presented in 75-minute blocks on Thursday, May 16 and Friday, May 17. We are seeking presentations, especially from strategy practitioners, about collaborative strategy formulation and management that align with ASP’s Lead, Think, Plan, Act framework. Here are some initial thoughts about possible presentation topics:
Breakout Sessions will be held on Thursday, May 16 and Friday, May 17, 2019.
- Leading collaborative strategy formulation, including communication and facilitation skills
- Establishing high trust networks among people/organizations who are unfamiliar with one another and have different cultures
- Structuring a collaborative planning process, including defining roles and responsibilities
- Engaging multiple stakeholders in defining and conducting environmental assessment
- Building consensus around desired outcomes and progress/performance indicators
- Responding and adapting to shifting patterns of relationships among multiple players
- Using technology to support collaboration and ongoing plan implementation
- Building and validating methods/models for conducting detailed planning involving multiple partners
- Securing action commitments from partners of varying size and capability
- Addressing data/information sharing roadblocks
- Case studies, including lessons learned
- Ongoing management and execution of collaborative strategies across organizational boundaries
- Evaluating and reporting of strategic and tactical progress across a collaboration
- Embedding accountability, including how to address partners who do not perform
- Keeping the collaboration alive
In summary, the 2019 conference is an opportunity to engage with professional colleagues across related disciplines (like strategic alliances, competitive intelligence and project management) to come together as we think and talk about strategy and business ecosystems. From this conversation, we are looking for new insights, tools and techniques that will help each organization to strengthen its ecosystem to achieve new strategic heights.
Benefits of Presenting
For Service Providers and Consultants: You will have the opportunity to share your thought leadership and novel points of view in a consultative (non-direct sales) way to leaders and managers of strategy. You will be able to create brand awareness and network with key leaders at a high profile, global event focused on strategy.
For Corporate, Non-Profit, Academia/Students, or Government Employees: You will benefit from networking with peers from a variety of industries who can share their experiences and lessons learned while having your conference registration fee waived.
Please know that, consistent with ASP’s mission as a voluntary professional association, all ASP’s conference presenters are volunteers. In effect, by volunteering to be a presenter, you extend our noble tradition of peer-to-peer service. Just as importantly, you help build the camaraderie that makes ASP special—camaraderie we believe you will likewise enjoy. Because our conference presenters are volunteers, we cannot provide stipends or fund presenter travel.
ASP membership is not a prerequisite for being a conference presenter.
Submit an Application
Submission Period - COMPLETE
- Wednesday, September 5, 2018 - Friday, October 19, 2018 at 5:00 PM ET
Program Committee Review Period - COMPLETE
- Friday. October 19, 2018 - Friday, December 7, 2018
Outcome Notification Period - IN PROGRESS
- Beginning Monday, December 10, 2018
Presentation Deadline for Accepted Presenters
Please contact Stefanie at email@example.com or 1-844-345-2828 x240