Fasten your seat belts and get ready for a ride! In this session, the dynamic author of The Secrets of Facilitation will guide you through a preview of this comprehensive methodology for facilitating groups, task forces, strategy teams and other sessions that require groups to come together to achieve a common end.
In this fast-paced, power-packed session, you will learn:
The five Ps of preparation:
- The four keys for grabbing people’s hearts and souls at the start
- Two important strategies for keeping the group focused and on track
- The surprising secret to phrasing questions so you get a bonfire of responses
- The four-step formula for resolving dysfunction
- The three reasons people disagree and strategies for resolving each
- The secret to using Level 3 energy to transform a group
“I had no idea how much I didn’t know,” is the comment from one 10-year facilitation veteran after experiencing the workshop. Whether you are a long-time facilitator/trainer or new to facilitating teams and groups, you will walk away with tips you can use tomorrow.
Mr. Wilkinson is the Managing Director of Leadership Strategies, Inc. - a leadership training and strategy consulting firm specializing in group facilitation. He is considered a national leader in the facilitation industry.
- Author of The Secrets of Facilitation and The Secrets to Masterful Meetings.
- Board member of the International Institute for Facilitation.
- Founder of the FindaFacilitator database.
- One of the first five Certified Master Facilitators in North America.
- Named Facilitator of the Year in 2003 by the Southeast Association of Facilitators.
Active in both the private and public sectors, he has provided leadership training and strategy development assistance to such diverse organizations as The Coca-Cola Company, Unisys, Sears, EPA, CDC, KPMG Peat Marwick, and the American Cancer Society.
Mr. Wilkinson is a much sought after facilitator, trainer and speaker, both in the U.S. and around the globe. He has completed international assignments in Bangkok, Brisbane, Glasgow, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, Melbourne, Milan, Singapore, Sydney and Wellington. Past participants have commented that his dynamic presentation style, combined with his unique insights, make for an intense, power-packed session.
Prior to Leadership Strategies, Mr. Wilkinson spent six years with ADP and eight years in the information technology practice of Ernst & Young's Management Consulting Group. He is a High Honors graduate from Dartmouth and resides with his wife and two children in Atlanta.