Richard Goodman Strategic Planning Award
The Richard Goodman
Strategic Planning Award recognizes distinction in the practice of strategy. The award is intended to build on the broader purpose of the Association of Strategic Planning (ASP) to enable individuals and organizations to succeed through strategic thinking, planning and action. The purpose of the award is:
- To foster continuing excellence in strategic planning
- To stimulate innovation in the strategic planning process
- To identify and honor organizations at the leading edge of exemplar strategic practice
The Richard Goodman Award Committee seeks to identify and recognize winners for an Award in each of the following categories:
1. Large for-profit enterprise or division of a large for-profit enterprise
2. Small and mid-sized for-profit enterprise
3. Governmental organization (national)
4. Governmental organization (non-national, e.g. state, county, local)
5. Not-for-profit or academic organization
- ASP will feature the winner(s) of the award at our Annual Conference.
- The press will be invited for suitable coverage at the conference presentation.
- ASP will feature the winner(s) of the award on our website.
- The winner will receive a trophy commemorating the achievement.
- ASP reserves the right to develop an article, case-study and/or webinar about the winning organization as appropriate.
The recipients of the Richard Goodman Strategic Planning Award will benefit in several ways:
- The winners of the award are recognized as strategic leaders in the business community and will gain visibility for their organization and initiative through media coverage of the ASP annual conference event and award program.
- The award application review and selection process as well as the award itself highlight and promote the strategic planning process within the winning organization, fostering internal recognition and support.
- Recipients of the award benefit from an independent assessment by a qualified judging panel of their organization's strategic planning practices. ASP's panel of judges includes premier strategists within the academic and business/practitioner communities.
Award applications are judged based on criteria that are most relevant to identifying the demonstration of exemplar strategy planning, strategy formulation and strategic thinking. The Richard Goodman Award Committee regularly reviews the state of the strategy and accordingly refreshes the award application form and requisite evaluation dimensions.
For the 2019 Richard Goodman Strategic Planning Award, applications will be evaluated along FIVE dimensions which have been articulated in detail within the application form:
1. Top–level/overall Rationale:
2. Strategy Formulation, Portfolio & Realization
3. Strategic Analysis (e.g. Internal, External and Trend) Rigor & Relevance
4. Operationalizing the strategy
5. Strategic Practices Optimization
If you would like to apply, please download the 2019 Award Application