The decision to engage in a permanent or long-term strategic partnership is a complex one, whether a merger, back office collaboration, co-location, or programmatic alliance. This webinar will share practical resources for nonprofit organizations considering a strategic partnership. We’ll explore the following questions:
- How do I know if my organization is ready for a permanent or long-term strategic partnership?
- What role should my board play in exploring a permanent or long-term strategic partnership?
- What steps should I take if I want to merge with another organization?
- Is there funding available to assist my organization in exploring or implementing a permanent or long-term strategic partnership?
Our presenters for this program will be:
- Jean Butzen, President of Mission + Strategy Consulting. Founded in 2006, Mission + Strategy Consulting helps nonprofits with their strategic restructuring needs. Jean draws upon her past experience as President/CEO of Lakefront Supportive Housing during its merger with Mercy Housing. Jean and her team created the Mergers as a Strategy for Success Toolkit, which we will review during the webinar.
- Genita C. Robinson, Director or the Mission Sustainability Initiative at Forefront. Forefront is the hub for social good in Illinois, helping members drive change by making them more effective, strategic and innovative. Based on experiences in other cities and supported by foundations and private firms, Forefront’s Mission Sustainability Initiative provides training, one-on-one technical assistance, grants, and in-kind resources to help nonprofits undertake permanent restructurings to strengthen their institutions and more effectively pursue their programmatic goals.